Tribute to Derek Cramer
One Really Fun Guy
- So very sad to hear. Please convey our condolences to the family. May he rest in Peace! - Fazli
- It is always very sad to hear of old friends passing away.That is life and we are all subject to it. Derek was a legend in my eyes and I will never forget his acting as the local "Jerry lewis" Did not hear much of him after he went to the UK but I am sure he would have led a very good life. I wish to convey to the loved ones he has left behind my deepest sympathies and my pryers will be with them all and for the soul of Derek.May he rest in peace. - Sriantha
- I was indeed sad to hear of Derek passing away. Although he was senior to those of my age, Derek appealed to all ages in the Flats. My late cousin Sandy de Alwis shared more time with Derek when the two caught up in the UK in the '70's. He was always in good spirits and was never short of jokes. To the best of my memory, Derek was gregarious fellow and his bellows of laughter would often reveberate in the blocks by the sea. I would like to convey sincere condolences to the family. God bless his soul. - Herman
- My deepest sympathies to David Fernando and Derek's family, still remember him as young kid at the Bamba Flats, may his soul rest in peace. - Kevin Clogstoun
- please relay my condolences to David and also tell him that I will be ringing Carl in Switzerland to give him my deepest sympathies on Derek's passing - all the best - Keith Haines
- Derek was a friend and neighbour. A personality that stood out of the crowd. It's been over 40 years since I left the flats and Sri Lanka...but Derek is one of those persons whom I could still picture when I close my eyes. Our sincere and deepest sympathies and condolences to the family. - Bertie Mendis
- Our deepest sympathies to all the family members of Late Mr. Derek Cramer. From Tony and Bunty Amit of H/3
- 'Derek was a natural entertainer., and had a charming personality to go with it, with that characteristic Kramer smile.
Being a part of the Flatters family he added that extra bit of spice we needed. I pray that the Good Lord take care of both Derek and his cousin Frank. Derek you were an angel sent to the Flats to make all of us laugh and smile. Goodbye Mate, Love, - Trevor Jayetileke
- DEAR DEREK THANK YOU FOR THE GENUINE MIRTH AND LAUGHTER YOU PROVIDED FOR ALL WHO NEW YOU DURING OUR FORMATIVE YEARS IN THE BAMBA FLATS. R.I.P - DES DE SILVA
- Please convey our deepest sympathies to the Cramer family, our prayers are with them. God Bless - Sandy Withanage (Lye) and family.
- So sorry to hear about this. He was the life and soul of the parties in the flats when we were all in our teens. Please do pass on our regrets to the family. - Lorraine & Bunno Muller
- It was not very long ago that i made enquiry as to how Derek Cramer was and i am so sad to learn he is no longer amongst the living. I still re collect as a young lad growing up in Block I where he use to come and stay with his beloved aunt Margie Fernando and it was fun to see him always being so funny and hilarious. When he and Carl Fernando use to meet at the Bambalapitiya flats, it was house on fire with lots of excitement. Please pass my Condolence to his family. - Kumar Selvadurai.
- Great memories of a most entertaining guy. We are still waiting for Bill Edrich at a London pub! - Hilary White
- Sad to hear about Derek Cramer.We knew them quite well,lived behind our flat.TC Ranee.
- Derek Cramer was a good friend of mine. I had the pleasure to share my teenage years with this great guy. He was one entertainer that did.nt need to be payed to entertain, not like some other friends I know. He was a non playing member at CR&FC and would make us laugh before a bigmatch, while we were getting changed, took away the tension before the match. Like his cousin Frank Cramer and Vernon Muller, Derek was a great guy to be with sadly Frank and Vernon have both passed away. It was my pleasure knowing these guys, they are sadly missed. Regards Tony