A Message from Everard Hoffman
Attached is a photo of Larraine and her "Brood". In the photo is Larraine in her wheel chair and her 2 sons and their spouses and children (5 Grandkids in all
ie 3 boys & 2 girls) and Larraine's daughter Tammy right next to her.
I thought this photo would be appropriate as it was taken not long ago.
Please insert in the tributes page and please send my Heartfelt thanks to all those who have sent their condolences on the tributes
Mate it is messages of comfort like this that really makes me proud to be a Flatter as we really belong to a Unique Group like no other on this
You have my permission to post this with my exact words as I sincerely believe that we certainly do have something Very Special in being part of the
Bambalapitiya Flatters Family. I have printed the many tributes and will be sending each of Larraine's children a copy so that they get a real feeling of COMFORT knowing that their MOTHER was LOVED
by many from her FLATTERS FAMILY as per the tributes received.
I thank you once again for having posted my original email to you whilst on holidays in Alice Springs when you phoned me whilst I was on the
computer to you. As I said then and will say it now "That is Mental Telepathy" that only a Flatter can have when a fellow flatter needs it most. So yeah let all our Dear Flatters be made aware of
this. May they all share in each other's Happiness and Sadness as this is what life is all about. Having sincere friends who virtually become like Brothers & Sisters. Yes my Flatters Family
thanks once again on behalf of my entire Family.
Everard Hoffman (On behalf of the Hoffman Family)
A Tribute to Larraine Graham (Nee Hoffman)
- Kindly convey our deepest sympathies to the family. Thank you Larraine, for the music. May she rest in peace! Fazli, Shirani
& family in Riyadh
- This is sad news indeed. I remember the Hoffman's well as they lived in the same block as we did, F Block. Maive always joind
us in our games and I remember Everad and his beautiful German Shephard, Prince. Please send my condolences to the family. May God give them the strength to bear their loss and
the comfort of knowing she is now with Him. Saadia John (nee Sellayah)
- To Everard and the rest of the family .
So sorry to hear about Larraine passing away . I am sure it must be very sad for all of you. Accept my deepest sympathies. Ranee
- My deepest sympathies Everard. Please convey my sympathies to your siblings. God bless.
- My deepest sympathies to the Hoffman family on the sad passing of their sister Larraine. Love.
- Thinking of you in these difficult times.
Always in our hearts.
Our deepest condolences for your loss.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.
Gone, but not forgotten.
We're sharing your sorrow.
Know that the Lord
has welcomed your loved one
into His home in Heaven.
In Warmest Sympathy.
In loving memory of Larraine, she will be missed dearly.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
God's love lights the way
and turns the darkness into day.
Words are not enough to convey our sympathies at a time like this, but we just wanted to say we'll be by your side.
Hoping your treasured memories
bring you comfort day by day.
May the Lord comfort your heart as only He can do.
Please know our loving thoughts embrace you.
I wish I knew what to say
to make things better
but sometimes words
just aren't enough.
Thamby & Rohini - G/2 Bamba Flats
- I am so sad to hear about the passing away of Larraine! Please pass on my deepest sympathies to the Hoffman family! She will
be missed! Allan and family.
- I am very saddened to read the very sad news of the passing away of Larraine. Hearing her name brings back such fond
memories of our times spent together and also having the previledge to be with her whilst she sang along side my late husband Duncan Clyde when he played the drums. My deepest sympathies to her
children and the rest of the family. May god bless them all and give them the strength to go through this sad time. May Larraine's soul rest in peace and may eternal light shine upon her
always. Kind regards! Toni.
- My sympathies to the family. I attach my STROKE REPORT to inspire others in their quest in Rehabilitation. I trust all
SriLankans are in the best of health. Regards, Geoffrey
- Very sorry to hear this news must say that all along I really thought that her voice was as good as or posssibly better than
the great Cleo Laine and as youngsters me and Carl Fernando used to be kind of roadies and many times we were in the back at Thaha's place and Little Hut when Larraine sang and that smokey voice of
hers was a joy to listen to - will be sadly missed RIP Larraine keep singing up there. With sadness Keith Haines
- So sad to hear about Larraine.I do remember some of the family,especially,Mrs. Hoffmann,Everard,Larraine,Chery& Maive. My
sisters,Manique & Shri were friends of Cheryl’s& Maive’s.Larraine had a beautiful voice.Love to Everard. Regards, Ranee.
- please pass on my Deepest Sympathy to Everard & The rest of the family. My thoughts & prayers is with
- Kindly convey my deepest sympathies and condolences to Everard and the rest of the family. Will remember her in our prayers. I
remember Larraine well and recall her singing at the Little Hut. Warm regards. Bertie
- convey our Sincere & Heartfelt sympathies to Everard's & all of the Hoffman Family, we pray that God will give you all
the strength you need, during this difficult time & that the Peace of Our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ will be with you always. Love, Muller Family ( Laraine, Susan, Michael, Noel, Fiona &
Alaine - K Block)
- I held Larraine in high esteem and so admired her marvellous talent as a jazz singer and used to love to hear her sing.
One of my favourites was her beautiful rendition of "Embraceable You". As I write this, I can almost hear her husky voice in my ear. She was truly gifted. May God rest her
soul. To siblings Wilhelm/Hugh/David/Everard/Cheryl and Maive our deepest sympathies on your sad loss. Our thoughts and prays are with you. Sweeny Keuneman (nee
- Please convey my message of condolence to Everad - Wlihelm ... and may
Laraines soul rest in peace. God bless the other family members in this our of grief. From Baratha
- convey our deepest sympathies to the entire Hoffman family. Being almost immediate neighbours and my close realationship with
Everard, Cheryl & Maive, i remember Larraine quite well. She was such a beautiful person. Am sure they must be missing her, but she is in a very good place. Hoffman family was as fun & united
as our was. Large yet boisterous & very united. So much happy memories at bamba flats. From the entire Mendis family. Mervyn
- Our deepest sympathies to Larraine’s children, her Grand children and her Brothers and Sisters, who we still remember
from the good old days at the Flats.May her soul rest in eternal peace. Roger Billimoria
- I was saddened to hear about the passing of Larraine Hoffman. Please pass on our sincere sympathies to the family. May she
rest in peace. Malcolm & Dawn Pereira
- Deepest Sympathies from the Guneratnes Noel Cecille Jeffrey Julia and Jaeden
- Dear Everad, I remember Larraine as a beautiful lady who could sing as well, I do remember hearing her on one occasion at the
little hut around the late 60's or early 70's. She will be sadly missed indeed. Please convey my condolences to the rest of your family. Kind regards, Ajit Abeyewardene K6
- The Ponnampalam family sends our condolences to all of Larraine's family. I know the Good Lord has planned our lives when we
come to this earth and it was his plan to take her home on May 31st, 2013. As Everard says she is definitely in a better place, where there are no more sorrows, no more pain and not more tears. God
be with u all at this time and give u all the courage to face life sans Larraine and knowing that u all will meet her in heaven! All I have seen teaches me to trust the CREATOR for all I have not
seen. When God's word is hidden in our hearts, his ways will become our ways. God bless Girlie :>
- To the entire Hoffman clan, please accept our deepest sympathies. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Affectionately, your former neighbours.The Udumans
- My heart goes out to th Family. I Remember her like yesterday! Tilak Rajapathirana Block J
- Please send the condolences from the vanden Driesen Family.
- I don't think I knew Larraine personally, but think I have seen and listened to her at the Hut.Evarard however, rings a bell.
Consider the fact that I left in '73 and did not return frequently. Please convey my heartfelt sympathies to Evarard and siblings.....Thanks again Kumar for the stream of information you always send
me: albeit this time it is sad news......Sincerely/Dennis Rutnam
- Wilhelm, Hugh, David, Everard, Cheryl and Maive, Please accept our sincere and heartfelt sympathies on the loss of Larraine.
Your family has always been close to us and our thoughts and prayers are with all of you as you grieve. The Salgadoes from E4.
- my Deepest Sympathies. I'm very sorry to hear of your sister Larraine passing away. I hope your grief will pass away in time
and that you know she is now in angelic place will comfort you. My mother Charmaine Andrado was also a singer in the late sixties with the Malcolm Andree troupe in Ceylon and I would love to hear any
of larraines songs if you could e-mail any to me. Thanks. God Bless Pierangeli
- To Everard and family, My deepest sympathies ...I’m sure she has joined a heavenly choir. Sending love and thoughts
- My deepest sympathies to the Hoffman Family. Kevin Clogstoun
- Please convey our deepest sympathies to Larraine's children, Wilhelm, Hugh, David, Everard, Cheryl, Maive and their
spouses. We the Gunewardene and Tambimuttu families have always been very close to the Hoffman clan for close on 60 years and it was so sad to get the news of Larraine's demise.
There is no doubt that she had a great voice. We know that she will be sadly missed not only by her family, but by the Flatters family too. Our prayers and thoughts will be with
every one of the Hoffman family, may God bless them all during this difficult time. Nihal and Yolette Gunewardene, Winston and Edith, Stafford and April Tambimuttu, Marie and Mahinda
- Our deepest sympathies to the Hoffman family on the passing away of their sister Larraine. We pray that in this time
of loss you will feel God's love and find comfort in his presence. Laraine and the rest of the Muller's in K Block
- The sad news you sent me of the passing away of Lorraine shocked me ,Larraine was a Beautiful natured and fun loving person. I
knew Larraine when she was about 15 years old in the flats, Larraine holds a special place in my memories as a very good friend ,I extend my deepest sympathies to Lorraine's Children
and grandchildren and to Wilhelm ,Hugh,David,Everard ,Cheryl, and Maive,And all their familie May Lorraine's Soul rest in peace with &
It’s with great sadness that I received the news of the passing away of Larraine. Although Larraine belonged to the ‘seniors in the flats’, my family was
well acquainted with the Hoffmans since the ‘School Lane/Edward Lane days’ and we were mere tots. She was one of the striking beauties the Flatters could boast of and she also possessed a beautiful
voice. Unfortunately, we were too young to attend her performances at hotels. Even we found the money, we would never have been granted permission from our parents! That’s the world we grew up
My deepest sympathies to Larraine’s family and of course, to my dear friends, the Hoffmans- Wilhelm, Hugh, David, Everad, Cheryl and Maeve. I pray that
God gives them the strength and courage to accept this loss. My siblings- Helen & Frankie also join me conveying their condolences. Herman Gunesekera
We have some wonderful memories of us all when we were young. She is at peace now, in a better place, no more suffering.
Our sympathies go to her wonderful family, love & thoughts for all the beautiful memories and her lovely singing voice she shared with so many of us.
It is a pity that she never recorded some songs for us all to sing with her. regards Norman & Lorraine DeSilva
- Please convey our deepest sympathies to Everard & the rest of the family via the tribute page. Vilma & Lakshman de
- Sad news indeed. I remember very clearly hearing her sing. Please pass my sincere condolences to Everard. RIP Larraine.
Desmond De Silva
- I am so sorry to hear the sad news about Larraine. Our deepest sympathies from the family, to you and her family. God Bless
- Dear Everard, & all the Graham & Hoffman Family Heartfelt and sincere condolences on the loss of Larraine my
thoughts & prayers are with you all at this sad time regards. Simone Smith (nee Koch – ‘F’ block at the flats)
- It is with great sadness that my family members record the passing away of a such a beautiful person in kindness, beauty and
song. She was such a lovely person that all we flatters were blessed to know while we were growing up. She was a live wire in the Hoffman family and kept all her brothers on their toes.Like Evo says
the good Lord knows what's best, She leaves behind the curly hair and the everlasting smile in our memory forever. May the good Lord Bless and keep her in his heavenly kingdom. Please convey our
sympathies to her children and all the members of the Hoffman family. Lucky Ranchigoda
- Special thoughts of you Everard & Cheryl.
Yes, heaven has called beautiful Larraine! I remember the tall graceful curly haired Larraine who looked like an angel walking up the Bamba
Flats.She has now got her halo & wings! She is at peace with her Maker.Remember
the lovely memories & we will all meet one day in that wonderful place.May God's strength be with all of you. Much Love Indra Dawn De Joodt.
- Please extend our deepest sympathies to Everad and the rest. Wedo remember Larraine (though she was much older
than we were) My sister Dilkie who lives in the Gold Coast also extends her sympathies. (Shireen and Dilhara Deen of Block E No 4
- Hi Kumar sorry to hear the sad news of Larane passing a way please Conway are condolence to Hoffman family members. Maurice
- Sorry to hear sad news please convey my sempathey's to her family. Balu
- please convey my heart felt condolence to her family, kanage
- "My deepest condolences to Laraine's children, all her siblings and extended family. I can speak for Ruhize
and myself. While at Lindsay we fondly remembered Larraine for many of her attributes. She was always smiling. Ah Yes! Her voice will be remembered by
all. Christine H. from Sydney, Marie S. Arnot B. from Melbourne and a few others paid her a visit when she was 1st stricken. I know Christine telephoned Laraine every
Christmas to wish her. Although she has endured health problems these past few years, I am well aware it is very difficult for the family to deal with her passing
and see beyond the sorrow. My prayers are for Laraine as she enters the Higher Realm and for all the remaining family that looking back in memory will help comfort you
tomorrow". Sherin Davoodbhoy, Flat 1, 2nd Floor Block "C"
- very sad to hear the news of Laraine (sister of Everard, David, Cheryl and Maeve). Please pass on my deepest sympathies to the
Hoffman family. Melanie
- On behalf of the White family we convey our deepest sympathies to the Hoffman family on Larraine’s passing. Our thoughts and
prayers are with the family at this sad time. Many good memories. Hilary White
I knew the Hoffman family before coming to the Flats., when we all lived in Bambalapitiya past the junction. Larraine went to Lindsay Girls school,
Bambalapitiya like all three of my sisters. Larraine was in my youngest sisters class and we treated her like our own. She was the third in the family after Wilhelm and Hugh I think and then came
David, Everard, the two younger girls and the last was a boy. I used to play cricket with Wilhelm and Hugh. When I met Hugh at Mrs. Hoffman's funeral he asked me were you not that left arm leg
spinner. Hugh used to come to our garden to play cricket mostly as he was about my age and Elmo Gunesekera also used to play with us., as he too lived in Bambalapitiya. Helen Menzies ( whose father
has a music store next to Lindsay school ) also was with her at Lindsay and was a good pianist and probably they used to sing in school together. Larraine was a pretty girl and had many admirers.,
but she was more interested in her singing and probably did not take much notice of her admirers. Then we all came to the Flats and the rest is history and our destiny. I now know that life is a
passing parade and I too have joined the line and before long you will have to say goodbye to me as well. Till then my love goes to all I was privilaged to know at the Bamba Flats. Regards, Trevor