Tribute to Olga Bhagwandas
ATKINSON (Bhagwandas). — Olga Barbara
Beloved wife of Jim Atkinson. Dearly loved Mum of Mohan and Daya,
Ruki and Paddy, Kumar and Andi, Kishore and Roseanna, Ranjit and Janice,
Rani and Shiran, Marie (Rosie) and Greg and Nivanka.
Loving sister of Tony and Roger Pereira.
Step-Mum to Julie, Linda, Lee and Nicole and families.
Adored Nanna to 24 grandchildren and Great Nanna to 10.
- Our deepest sympathies Kumar. May she Rest in Peace. fazli & family
- I am so very sorry for you all. Your darling Mum has gone to a better place. I feel for Ruki as I too didn't see my Mum before she passed on. My love to all the Bhagwandas family. God bless. Erin de Zilwa
- Our sincere and deepest condolences to you and the family during the passing away of your dear Mum. I cannot comprehend the sadness and grief that you'll are going through. All I can say is that human comfort is limited. But we pray that God's comfort and grace will be your portion during this difficult time and for the days, months and years to come. Our love, thoughts and prayers are with you All. Sincerely Rajan and Visithra
- My very deepest sympathies to self and the family. Pl. let us know when arrangements are made. Take care and Salaams.. Shyama and Iqbal Fuad
- So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear mum. Please accept my deepest sympathies. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. With kind regards, Nimal Jayasooria
- I am so sorry please accept our deepest sympathies in this time of sadness and grief. Stay strong my friend. Roger Billimoria and Family
- It is with great sadness to note the passing of your mother. Please accept my deepest sympathies and that goes to your family from all the Selvadurai from Block " I" God bless you mate Kumar Selvadurai
- VERY SORRY to hear of the demise of your DEAR MOTHER. Please accept our sincere condolences from the entire Hoffman Family. I personally cannot forget your Mum’s beautiful gait as she walked up and down the Bamba Flats Road. She had that Graceful upright walking gait which made one stop and admire her as she peacefully went about her tasks. Truly a Beautiful Lady and a Loving Human Being. She will certainly be missed by the “Flatters Family” May God give you and all your siblings and their spouses the strength to get through this difficult time but be assured that Mum is now at rest in a BETTER PLACE. Sincerely, Your Dear Friends Everard & Dagmar
- Please accept my Deepest Sympathies & condolence on the passing away of your mum. Please convey it your family Too. My prayers & thoughts are with you and your family that god gives you all the strength to cope up with this Loss. I will await further news. Kind Regards, Jayo Selvadurai
- So sorry to hear this Kumar... My deepest sympathies. Nilufer de Mel
- Our deepest sympathies, I remember her at the flats. Carl Fernando, Herta, Josi, and Jessica
- My condolences Kumar. Take care Russell Pereira
- Our deepest sympathies to you and your family. Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Kind regards Priyanthi
- Our sincere condolences belongs to your family and loved ones. Chelva Shan
- Oh dear, how sad. I remember her as a very gracious lady. Deepest sympathies to the whole family from all of us in Perth. Our thoughts, love and prayers are with you at this sorrowful time. Hilary, Jackie and all the White family
- My deepest condolences to you and the family. Jeff van den Driesen
- my first thought was of you having to send out this sad email to all of us. Fond memories of your dear mother come flooding into my mind and the care with which she brought you all up single handedly. Please convey our deepest sympathies to Ruki, Rosie, Mohan, Kishore, Ranjit and not forgetting yourself. May your Mum forever rest in peace. Marlene and Tissa Kodituwakku.
- I am so sorry to hear about the passing away of your dearly beloved Mum, words are not enough to console the sadness & grief that you and the rest of the family are going through right now, however, please accept our ( The Mullers - Laraine, Susan, Michael, Noel, Fione & Alaine & all of our Families) most heartfelt and sincere condolences .
May the Love & Strength of Jesus Christ surround you all, may HIS Peace be with you & abide in you always. Sincerely regards & God Bless, Noel Muller
- Dear Kumar My wife and I share heartfully in your grief on the passing of your beloved mother. The cycle of Life eventually catches up with us all and only the prayers, the thoughts and the sharing of Life’s travails can bring peace and comfort back into our lives. Memories outlive and overcome our griefs. May God be with you and yours. Max & Shereen
- My deepest sympathies brother, may the lord bless you with the strength to go through this hard time in your life. Our prayers are with you and your family. Ajith Subramaniam
- Sorry to hear about this. May she rest in Peace. accept our hear felt Deepest sympathies Kumar. Our Prayers to you and your family, Kalyani Jayasinha
- My deepest sympathies to you and your family on the passing of your darling mum. May her soul rest in peace and eternal light shine upon her. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Best regards Toni
- Please accept my condolences. She was a nice lady and looked after you and your siblings well. Kind Regards, Kandiah Skandakumaran
- It is with deep regret and sorrow that we hear the sad loss of your Mum, our Deepest Sympathies to you and the rest of the family. Kind regards. Riyad & Dina Uduman
- May her soul rest in peace. Upali Obeyesekere
- Please accept our deepest sympathies for you loss of your beautiful mother. Memories all the wonderful moments you have shared together and that is still within your heart. It will never leave you. Kind thoughts. Lorraine & Norman De Silva.
- Deepest sympathy to you and your family. Regards Cheryl Pereira
- Please accept our deepest sympatheies Kind Regards Tusith De Silva
- So sorry to hear of this great loss to your family. My Deepest sympathies to All. loss of a mother at any age is hard. I lost my mum when i was only 7 years old..and i still have this great void in my heart. I will pray for you and your loved ones at this time. Be strong Kumar, sending you a hug ,may God's Love surround you. Your Friend, Mithrani De Abrew Mahadeva.
- I am deeply sorry to hear about the death of your beloved mother. My thoughts are with you and your family. On behalf of the De Kauwe family, please accept our deepest sympathy, Chandra De Kauwe
- Please accept our condolences and pray that the Lord will strengthen you in the faith to know that this is not the end but a new life with the Lord Jesus Christ. Kind regards
Saucy & Susan Wick.
- Please accept our heartfelt condolences on your sad and irreparable loss. Regards, Lakshmanm & Vilma
- My deepest of sympathies Kumar. Suresh A
- Sorry to hear about the demise of your Mum- I did not know her but I do understand your loss as I did lose mine in 2011. I hope that it was peaceful-- to live in the hearts we leave behind is surely not to die. Regards, Wilmot Mather
- Deepest sympathy to you and your family,praying and thinking of you all in these hours of sadness. Hedy Felsinger
- My sincere and deepest condolences. I can surely understand the emotions you are experiencing....loss of a mother is irreplaceable. No doubt all of you have beautiful memories of her. Also the love and values she gave. Will pray for her departed soul. Warm regards. Felicia Adhihetty (nee Mendis)
- So sorry Kumar. I remember your Mum so well, she was so pretty. In fact ,I do remember your father too. TC R - Richard Joscelyne
- So sad to hear of your mum's passing - you have done stirling work on behalf of all flatters - I am sure you made your Mum very proud - Maggie and I send you our sincere condolences - kind regards with sadness - Keith and Maggie
- My deepest sympathies to you and the family. Take care Kalamohan
- Our deepest sympathies to you and the Bhagwandas family for your loss. Rizwan and Farina Hashim
- A nice Lady that smiled at us when we passed her flat or when we called out for Kumar or Mohan. I will never forget the Kindness and love they gave us when we were young. Kumar please convey my sympathies to Mohan, Ruki, self and the rest of the family. May God Bless her soul and usher her into heaven where she will Rest in Peace. Lucky Ranchigoda
- My deepest sympathies to you and your family. We will remember her in our prayers. Best, Sandra (Joseph)
- Our deepest sympaties to you at this sad moment. Jayantha Mendis
- Please accept our deepest sympathies and condolences. We will remember your mother in our prayers. Warm regards. Bertie Mendis
- I am very saddened to hear about your mother passing away. I fact I had just returned home from the funeral of one of my close friend's mother when I opened your email. Over the years, you have kept us all informed of the passing away of relatives and friends of flatters and we thank you for your untiring efforts. Judy and I extend our deepest sympathies to you and your family. At times like this the only emotions that are expressed are sadness and sorrow and that is only natural. However, the funeral I attended today was an example of how all funerals should be. There were lots of tears, eulogies and sadness about her death, but the tone took a wonderful turn to one of celebration of her life which after the service continued back at her home with many reminiscences, fond memories of events, and laughs. I was so impressed with the way the family expressed the full range of emotions and not just the sad portions. One of the best funerals I have attended. So Kumar, be sad, it's your right, .........but also be happy, it's her right! Wishing you and your family all the best Hillary and Judy Senanayake
- My deepest sympathies. Hang in there buddy. Regards, Iqbal Uduman
- please accept my deepest sympathies on your mothers passing. Please convey my sentiments to your entire family. May her soul rest in peace. Regards, Mervyn Mendis
- Please accept our deepest condolences. May she rest in peace. We wish you & the family, strength, health & courage to go through the difficult time. Lal & Surangi from 5P
- On behalf of the Salgadoe family please accept our deepest sympathies on your family's loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family . Charmaine
- This sad news is something is not just the Bhagwandas family will be experience. I think I speak for many when I say that every ``Flatters Family Member`` who knows you either personally or via the internet will feel grief. I don`t have to state that your Mum is very proud of all her children as you shared together a new life establishing yourselves in a new country and the care, warmth and generosity you have shown outsiders. It will take time to accept her passing; I offer my prayers with so many others for her gentle soul where she is now with your dad. Rest assured the Almighty, Omnipotent Triune and Heavenly Realm is with all of you and your extended famiy during this time of grief. May Olga R.I.P. Sherin Davoodbhoy/Block C, 2nd Floor
- Please accept my deepest sympathies in the loss of your beloved mother. Will keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless Marie Alles
- My heart is right now with the Bhagwandas family with whom I have come to know some of the most Wonderful people. Please accept my deepest sympathies.,and keep me informed of the funeral service. Sincerely, Trevor and Sriyani Jayetileke
- Please accept our sincere and deepest condolences on the passing of your mother .Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of the family. Warmest regards.
Phyllis & Desmond De Silva
- I too am very sad at the passing of Mum. Our family grew up with the "Bugs family" and she was very much a part of the scene. As much as I would have loved to be there to farewell her, unfortunately I am leaving for S/L tomorrow morning on a Rotary project and will not therefore be able to make it. Please accept my sincere condolences to you, Mohan, Ruki, Kishoe, Ranjith and Rani, on this very sad occasion. "Mrs Bugs or Bagu" as she is fondly remembered by one and all in our circle in "K" block, was one great lady, bringing up the brood single handed since the passing of your Dad very early in your life was a fete in itself, she did it without a murmur or complaint. I raise my glass in respect for this wonderful lady. She is with the Lord, no more worries of the world, may she now rest in peace. God bless her soul. In sadness, Ajit Abeywardene
- I am indeed very deeply saddened by the news of your dear mums passing away. Pls do accept my deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences and convey same to your family. I still remember your mum very well and could picture her in her beautifully draped Saree, walking down to your flat. My prayers are with you all and may her soul rest in peace. I am currently in Chile and will be back home on the 26th. Sriantha
- To Kishore & the entire extended Bhagwandas family, my best mate at Joes my deepest sadness at the loss of your Mum. Regards, Geoffrey Moreira
- Dear Kumar This is sad news about your mother Olga.Please accept my deepest condolences and know that my thoughts are with you during this time. Torrance Lemarchant
- Please accept our heartfelt condolences on the passing of your beloved mother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Sincerely, Sunil Abeyasinghe
- Deepest sympathiese kumar. Must be a hard one. Pl convey our sympsthiese to rukmani and mohan too. Furkan Mansoor
- I completely forgot to include Rosie it certainly was not intentional. Pl pass on my apologies to Rosie. Cheers Ajit Abeyewardene
- Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the death of your beloved mother. Kind regards Peter Sivendra
- Please accept our deepest sympathies on the loss of your dear mum. We pray that her soul is a t peace and she is with the Lord. You have lost an icon in your family. I am sure she will be there is spirit to help you deal with grief. Regards Charika
- Please accept my deepest condolences at the passing away of your dear Mother. My thoughts are with you and all your Family Members at this moment Best regards Delano Uduman
- Dear Kumar, we all grieve at the loss of your precious mum. May she rest in peace with the angels around her. Allan de Kretser
- Please accept my most sincere condolences on the passing of your Mum. I can understand your sorrow at this time as my Mum too passed away in 2013. I pray that you find comfort in family & friends around you during the time of mourning your loss. Sending you my love & prayers at this time. Joey Oorloof
- Please accept our sympathies on the passing of your Mum. She was always so graceful and looked so calm. Please convey our sympathies to Ruki and the rest of your siblings. We will remember her in our prayers. Regards Melanie Ransom (White)
- Hi Mohan, Rukmani, Kumar, Kishore, Ranjit and Rani On behalf of the members of Subramaniam Family of K6 and H8, expresses our condolence to you and your family on your death of your beloved mother Olga. Unfortunately none of could attend the service as none of us live in Melbourne. May the soul of your great mother REST IN PEACE in the heaven! Appuchi(Rama)
- We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing away of your mother. We too had to undergo the immense pain and sorrow when we lost our parents 2,3 years ago. Our thoughts and prayers are with you - may God give you'll the strength to overcome this period of grief, and may fond memories of your mother always remain within you.Please covey our deepest sympathies to all the Bhagwandas. Feizul & Kumari Uduman
- Please accept our heartfelt condolences to you and your family at the loss. Our prayers are with you. Priyakumar (Piri) and family.
- I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss. Auntie Olga was a wonderful lady and will be sadly missed by all who knew her. Please convey my deepest sympathies to the rest of the family. Subas Perera
- Sorry to hear the sad news. Please accept my condolences. Regards Thaku Chugani
- It is with our deepest sympathies that we convey our condolences to the Bhagwandas family on the passing away of their dear mother who has nurtured and brought you all up to be what you all are today. She has raised one hell of a fine bunch of kids to be model citizens of the World. As we were growing up as children the Wijeyadevendrams and the Bhagwandas families were living on the same level, 2nd Floor, 'K' Block, my memory is so vivid of seeing your mother on the balcony most of the days of the week when she went about attending to her family duties, whilst I was living in Colombo. She was a graceful and pious lady. Our thoughts are with you all at the loss of your dear mother and be there for each other, at these difficult times. Unfortunately, we all have to part with our loved ones one day and carry on life taking strength from from our parents values for our next generation. Our parents are the most precious and nearest to our identities and their departure will have a prolonged bereavement effect on us all as I found for myself at the loss of my parents. You both are like brothers to me and wish I could have been there to see you through this difficult time. Take care and God Bless. Kind Regards, Suren Wijeyadevendram
- Deepest sympathies to you, and the family, following your sad loss. The one person that carries the closest bond in a family is a mother, & I can feel your loss. My sincere condolences to you. Tony La Brooy.
- My sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother . Ravi Wijeyadevendram
- My deepest sympathy to you and the family Kumar on the passing of your mother, may your mother Olga, rest in peace. Aloma Kelly
- The Samad Family sends their condolence on the demise of your Mother Olga Atkinson. May she rest in Peace
- May our condolences bring you comfort and may our prayers ease the pain of this loss. With our deepest sympathies. Barbara and Kumar Cherubim
- Very sad to hear of your mother'd demise, Kumar. My deepest sympathies to you and your family Please pass on my condolences to; Mohan, Ruki, Kishore, Ranjith, Rosy & Rani and their families. I remember your mother, Mrs Bhagwandas (didn't even know her first name) as a rather demure and quiet and also an admirable and dignified lady. She used to mind her own business and didn't interfere in others' affairs. I cannot remember her raising her voice to anyone; not even her children though I am certain they needed an occasional belting. Ronnie Gun told me of an incident when Mrs. B wanted you Kumar to get some butter & stuff from a 'kade' at the top of the flats, somewhat urgently. At that time I was aimlessly knocking around in my father's car with Ronnie beside me. I saw you and offered a lift, which you gladly accepted but regretted later. Despite your appeals I kept on moving without dropping you off to do the marketing, which I eventually did after quite some time. The end result was that you got a deservedly good shelling by Mrs B, in her own way, not just for the delay but more because the butter had virtually become oil. Our waiting outside your door to hear you getting blasted by Mrs B, was in vain because being what your mother was, she wanted it to be kept within the family, as it were. This episode reflects the quiet nature of Mrs B. I may be wrong but this was what I knew of her. Heard Mrs B married again but I don't know anything about the second husband. I hope he treated her like a queen. Love & regards to all. Tissa Abeyewardene
- O! Kumar pls except our Ponnampalam family condolences I exactly know how u feel as I buried my my Mother just 14 months ago. The sadness is still fresh in my heart. I just can't let go. At this moment I don't want to dwell with my sadness but pls know that I exactly know how u feel. I only looked at my emails today as I don't go into it every day. That's the delay in my response ok. May God give u solace and peace. IT'S VERY HARD TO LET GO OF A LOVED ONE ESPECIALLY A MOTHER. well Kumar THAT'S LIFE GB GIRLIE
- My deepest sympathies to you and your family. May God give you peace, comfort and courage to face the days ahead and loving memories of your dear mother to forever hold in your hearts. Kind regards, Nilufer de Mel
- I'm so sorry to hear the pass away of your mother , please accept my Deepest sympathy, may her RIP in the hands of Good Lord .
God Bless you and your family. Kind regards sando
- Sorry to hear that your mom passed away. We share your grief. She was such a beautiful person and a good mom. I remember her very well, even though it's almost 45 years ago. Please accept our deepest sympathies and prayers. May she rest in Peace and God give you and your family the grace to cope with your loss. We are still grieving over our dear hearty. Therese
- My deepest Condolences....I'm very sorry to hear about your mother passing away. No one can ever take the place of a mother. She's in a much better place. Our prayers are with you and your family. May her soul rest in peace. Best regards, Angela Chellappa
- Moms stay in a very special part of our hearts even after they pass. I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss. Best regards Palitha Gunatilake
- Our deepest sympathies on the loss of you beloved mother. We do remember the beautiful and stately lady she used to be. May God bless you and your family at this sad time. May you all be comforted by beautiful memories of yester years Fondest regards Milroy and Romany De Silva
- Me and my husband Wimal together with my children sons in law and grand children will keep you and your family in our prays -- that Jesus will be a comfort to you all at this time. Jesus loves all man kind and he will help you go through this hard time. Our sincere condolence to you all Love and God bless Jeeve Wimalkantha.
- . May She Rest in Peace. Devika.
- It is with deep sadness that I send you my condolences on the passing of your mother. You have been a tireless inspiration to all ex-flatters and friends for a long time and your mum would have been very proud of you. In this ever changing world where things change all the time we must never forget that; “A mother can replace many things But nothing can replace a mother.” Sincere Condolences Darrell & Family
- So sorry to hear of the sad loss of your mum, Please accept my deepest and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Be encouraged and know that God holds her in his arms now and she is at peace Kind regards Shirley & Russell
- We are truly sorry to hear of your Mothers passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time of great sorrow. Please accept our heartfelt condolences. George cnd Carmela chow
- Wish to express our deepest sympathies and wish to share our sorrow with you, Mohan and other members of the family. -Mrs N Sangarapillai ( new Jersey, USA), daughters Sakuntala ( Florida, USA) Nirmala ( New Jersey, USA) and Sangarabalan ( Thamby, UK). Formerly no7, 2nd Floor, H Block ( 1956-1981)
- Accept our condolences & sympathy. I'm sure your mum had a very good innings and left the family with wonderful memories, which will remain in your hearts and minds forever. Though one accepts this eventuality, it still brings sadness and sorrow once it arrives. Time will be the best healer, leaving the good memories to be joyfully enjoyed for the remainder of your life. May God be with you & your family in this time of sadness. God bless, Kumar Kandiah (From Sydney)
- Dear Bhagwandas family, "For everything there is a season; and a time for every matter under Heaven" Ecclesiastes 3 I am sorry to hear about the passing of your mum, yet, glad she is in a beautiful place, for sure! Our love, thoughts and prayers to all. Warm regards, Dilly Perera
- Dear Kumar and family please accept our deepest sympathies. May the memories keep your mom alive! Regards Angela de Silva
- Deepest sympathies to you and the rest of the a Bhagwandas clan,I was shocked to hear the sad news of your mom's death.Please convey my sympathies to Everyone children and grandchildren.Our prayers will be offered in her memory.Noel,Cecille,Jeffrey ,Julia and Jaeden (Guneratne)
- I just saw the obituary for your dear Mother, and wanted to convey my Deepest Sympathies at this sad time for you all. I remember your Mum very well walking around the flats (looking for her kids sometimes), and even as a kid was impressed with her. She was a very elegant and graceful lady. She was a real beauty, and you must have been so proud of her. She also seemed to have done a great job taking care of her family, since you all have turned out so well. I also remember Rani who used to go to SPM as one of the family. It is hard to lose your parents, but I guess this is life, and we must go on, remembering our loved ones, the good times we have had, appreciate their sacrifices, and hope we can do the same for our kids. Take care and stay strong. Warm regards, Roshie Uduman
- Please accept our deepest sympathies. Regards Aruna & Family