- Yes Kumar, Russell was legend. He was also a very nice gentleman I did visit him quite a few times and had a drink with him. Do pass on my sincere condolences to his daughter. Regards. Ajit Abeyewardene
- Please pass on my profound condolences to his family. We worked together at Rowland’s Ltd. as well. Tony Hill.
- Yes, we were fortunate to have Russell and his carer attend the Flatters Get-Together at the DBU Sri Lanka in 2018. I can still picture Russell taking the Microphone and asking if he could sing a song. Well, he did just that and everyone who was present were appreciative of his performance. You are right in stating that Russell would be one of the longest standing “Flatters” to live continuously at the Flats, for well over Six Decades. He was a very sincere friend and I certainly will miss seeing him now that he has gone to Glory. We have fond memories of seeing him each time we went to our Motherland on visits over the years. We like others took him out to dinner and enjoyed his company on more than one occasion. I loved seeing Russell smile as he had the Whitest of Teeth and a twinkle in his eyes. Russell was a Very Humble, simple man who I’m sure ALL Flatters who were privileged to know him, will attest to that and certainly miss him. Our condolences go out to his Daughter & Family and his surviving Brother Bunno, who I believe Resides in Sydney. Rest in Peace Good Friend, now together with your Beautiful Wife. God Bless You, Sincerely, Everard & Dagmar Hoffman
- Sad sad news still taking it in. Tony Haines
- It’s so sad to hear passing away of Uncle Russell, please offer our condolences from Silva Family to Avis Muller, May he RIP. Sando - Matthew Silva
- Sad news, one of the last original flatter. Kevin Clogstoun
- That's sad news. I was fortunate to say hello to him at the last flatters do in Colombo. Royden Clogstoun
- I am so Sad to hear about the Death of Our Dear Friend Russell Muller. Please Convey My Deepest Sympathies To His Family & Friends. Mithrani Mahadeva
- I knew the family well. love Ranee Joscelyne
- Deepest sympathies to the family. Allan De Kretser
- Please convey my deepest sympathies to his daughter, family and also to Bunno. Trevor Jayetileke.
- We knew Russel very well. Please convey our deepest sympathies to his daughter Avice, and the family! Sincere Regards Nazreen(Switzerland), Kamar (Austria), Sheridan (Germany) & Sandrina m(Australia) LYE
- Please convey my sympathies to Russell´s family. Raju
- Please convey our condolences to the Muller family. Hugho & Susan W
- Very sad news to hear of the passing away of Russel Muller. He was a doyen of the flats, & also one of the longest residents there. I had the privilege of having a brief chat with him at the flatters gathering in S/L, even though I had to remind him who I was? I will always remember him with fond memories, farewell old friend, and my sincere condolences to all his family. Tony LaBrooy
- My deepest sympathies to his family. Chris Wadasinghe
- Sad news indeed. RIP Russell. Singer/ Entertainer Desmond & The Impressions Show Band
- Sad news indeed. Please pass on my heartfelt condolences to Russell's family. Saadia
- "To: Russell's daughter, Claudia and her family, I would like to convey my deepest condolences and will hold her and Russell's soul in prayer during this heart-breaking time. May Russell Rest In Peace." Sherin Colombowala
- Thank you Kumar for letting me know about the passing of Russell Muller. I knew all of the Mullers from the mum and dad down to some of the grandchildren (Tucker). Lots of dances were held in the Muller and Senanayake flats which were next to each other, ground floor, BLock D. Sadly, I never met Russell after we emigrated to Australia in '71. I heard of him from Darrell and Anoma Udalagama who caught up with him whenever they visited Sri Lanka. Please convey my deepest sympathies to his daughter and family. Marlene Kodituwukku
- Our deepest sympathies to the Muller family. I was fortunate to meet with Russell on my last trip to Sri Lanka with Tony Edrisinha. We had a wonderful time chatting and we even stayed for dinner. We will miss you when we visit again. Kumar Bhagwandas.
Many thanks Kumar.
It was great to have these sincere messages from people who knew him. I wish I could thank each of them for their kind sentiments.
Please tell them all how much we appreciated these messages.
Bunno and Lorraine
If you wish to have your tribute added to this page, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org