Tribute to Srikanthi Abeyewardene
(10 May 1948 – 5 December 2016)
A Tribute to our Dear Friend Shri Abeyewardene
Sadly Passed away on 5th. December 2016 Shri’s funeral was held on Monday the 12th December at 1.00pm.
Centenary Memorial Gardens Chapel
353 Wacol Station Road Sumner
Monday 12 December, 2016 at 1.00pm
Shri’s funeral was held on Monday the 12th December at 1.00pm.
Please note:- Shri’s request..
”please wear coloured clothes and not black clothes for my funeral”.
Condolence Messages from Flatters and Friends
- Our heartfelt condolences to the family may she Rest in Peace - Fazli Sameer
- I met Shri again after nearly 35 years at one of the Flatters Reunions and, as we got on so well, we decided to stay in touch. Shri was a brilliant hostess who cooked fabulous Sri Lankan delicacies and was happiest when cooking up a storm for family and friends! I was sad to hear from Shri that she was ill. She underwent a myriad of treatments and fought so hard. I will miss our lengthy conversations and her instructions to me on cooking easy recipes because she knew I was rubbish in the kitchen. How she would laugh at my attempts and tell me off for not following her instructions! My deepest sympathies to Gama, Shehan, Rohan and families, and the Dias Jayasingh family. Rest in peace, Shri. Erin De Zilwa
- Shri and I became the best of friends when the Dias Jayasinghe family moved to K5 in the 1960s. I can't believe that I have to write this in the past tense and I am struggling with it. You were one of my best friends. From the days when we got our Twiggy haircuts together and wore matching dresses we had so much fun whenever we met. Your bright and bubbly personality lit up a room when you walked in. You had a genuine interest in everyone. You were amazing, how hard you fought to stay and then so gracefully left. I am inspired and saddened beyond words. No flatters reunion will ever be the same. My thoughts are with Gama and the boys and her devoted family especially Lathika and Indra. Ruki Guneratne
- Pls pass my sincere condolences to the family. - Thaku Chugani
- My deepest sympathies to the family…RIP Shri. - Christine Hulbert
- Please convey My deepest sympathies to the Family and Friends of Shri. - Mithrani Mahadeva
- So sorry to hear the sad news about Shrikanthi. May God bless her and keep her in a better place. My deepest sympathies to the family. - Frank Gunesekera
- Please convey our deepest sympathies to the family. - Rukmal Abeygoonesekera
- So sad about dear Shri – she went out on her own terms – what a brave woman. A bright light gone out of our lives – but she will be shinning up in the heavens. Yolande Elias
- Condolences to friends and family.- Jeff van den Driesen
- Please convey my deepest sympathies to Gamini and family members. We all remember what a live wire she was always with a smile and a friendly person. We sure have lost a kind person. She will all ways be remembered in our prayers. - Lucky Ranchigoda
- I played with Shrikanthi, when she was a little girl of 7 and I was 9 years old, alongside her sister Manique, Penny Jayewardene (White), Laraine Muller, and Jeanne Dias (Perumal), in the Flats a long, long time ago. My family had a wonderful relationship with the whole Dias Jayasinghe family from the Mum and Dad down to the littlest member, who sadly now has departed this world. Memories come flooding in of happy times spent catching up at reunions whenever! May Shri forever rest in peace. Condolences to Gama, sons, wives, grandsons, Donny, Rani, Nala, Lathika, Manel, Indra and Manique. With love, Marlene Kodituwakku
- To the Jayasinghe and Abeywardena families, Please accept our very deepest sympathies on the sad loss of beautiful and vivacious Shrikanthi. Many will certainly mourn her passing. May her soul rest in peace. - Sweeny and Stewart Keuneman
- Yes very sad news. Please pass on our condolences. She will be sadly missed. Regards Norman & Lorraine De Silva
- Extremely sad day, however she accepted death in such a beautiful way. May her soul rest in peace and wish her family our deepest sympathy and thoughts at this sad time.Love - Melanie Ransom(nee White)
- May SHRI-RIP. - Dr Thurai LLingam.
- Pls convey our deepest condolences to the family. Slowly and sadly a lot of our flatters r passing away. Girlie
- To the Abeywardene Family and all their extended families, please accept my deepest sympathies for this terrible loss of Shri. It is very sad to receive this news; I will remember Shri in my prayers and also the entire family members whose faces are coming to mind as I write these few lines. May she rest in peace knowing that many of us have fond memories of her. - Sherin Davoodbhoy/Block C/2nd Floor
- More sad news about our Dear friend Shrikanthi who also was a student of St. Pauls Milagiriya as was I. Please give our deepest sympathies to the family. Our love and prayers with them at this difficult time. "Sleep in peace my friend and may angels watch over you" - Romany and Milroy de Silva
- When the Whites moved into 3G (1st Floor) in 1956 the great and vibrant Jayasinghe family moved into 4G (ground floor).
Shri was the baby of the family – we remember her well. We have very happy memories of those great days and the friendship between our families.To Gamma and Shri’s family as well as the Jayasinhe clan, we send all our sympathies, love and prayers. Shri and her happy personality will be greatly miseed by all. - From: Hilary, Penny, Melanie and Joel White and their families in Perth. - Hillary White
- Very sad to hear that one of the lively personalities of the flats has left us. Shrikanthi was one of those faces that defined the Flatters reunions especially at the “day after” get togethers. She will be sadly missed. Please convey Judy’s and my deepest sympathies to Shrikanthie’s family - Hillary Senanayake
- I am really sorry to hear this sad news. Tilak Rajapathirana
- Please pass on our Deepest Condolences to the Family. Very Sad News. - Tilani & Johann (14 M Block. Now UK) Johann David De Silva
- Hi Kumar, Please pass on my deepest sympathies to the family -- Iqbal Fuad
- My first thoughts go back to 1963/64 when the Dias-Jayasinghe’s moved to No.4 E Block 2 nd Floor, where we were sort of direct Neighbours as we were at No1 F block on the first floor. It was difficult trying to concentrate as a young teenager, when one stood on the balcony and saw 5 Beautiful maidens on the balcony opposite. There was lathika, Manel,Indra,Manik and young Srikanthi. There were 2 older sisters and 2 brothers too named Ian and Donny. Mrs. Dias-Jayasinghe was a striking figure too, who walked beautifully and I dare say her daughters got that same graceful stride from her. All these sisters were beautiful and Srikanthi was no exception. She had a beautiful complexion which made one just drool over her. I used to think that she was waving to me when I stood on the balcony, but little did I know that she was actually responding to hand signals from Ranil Rajapakse who was in the flat above us on the 2 nd floor. I think he was the messenger for his brother Lalith. Srikanthi had a beautiful nature and a lovely smile to go with it. She began work with my Wife Dagmar at Cave & Company in 1966 and soon developed a good friendship that was to last until her demise in December this year. It certainly was a VERY SAD day hearing the news from Kumar via the Flatters & Friends website and one that will take a long time to sink in as being Factual. I say this because I do not want to believe it . But reality slowly sinks in, making it more realistic as to what “Death” really means. It is inevitable and does cause grieving which all of us experience in different ways. Some get over it sooner than others. I can go on and on however I must send my Sincere condolences to ALL the siblings of the Dias-Jayasinghe Family and to Gamini and their 2 sons whose names escape my mind at this point. Please know that we LOVED your dear youngest sibling Srikanthi and will forever remember her as a Kind and generous young lady. Gamma, we also send our sincere condolences to you and your sons and their families too. Yes another DEAR FLATTER has gone to Eternal Rest and I look forward to meeting Srikanthi in Heaven as that is where she belongs. She will never be forgotten. Sincerely submitted with Love to The entire Family. God Bless You , Love, Everard & Dagmar HOFFMAN
- I am so sad to hear about Srikanthi's death. Please convey my condolenses to the Abeywardena family. MAY SHE REST IN PEACE. Therese Suntheram (Philips)
If you wish to add your message to Shri's Tribute Page, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org