Tribute to Timothy Lazarus
Passed away 1st July 2015
Sunday Times 12th July Advert for - Remembering Tima on Friday 17th July 2015
DEMISE OF ANOTHER FINE RUGGERITE
Flatters lost another fine ruggerite, Timothy Lazarus ,V hours this morning funeral will take place on Saturday in Lyon France.
Tim was a fine flanker for Royal College where he played in 69 Under Harin Malwatte & in 70 Under Jagath Fernando & CH & FC there after, for Royal College he played with Beverly janz a fellow flatter from L block in 69 in 70 with R. T de Silva of M block & Michael Muller Of K block,and in that side there were some fine ruggerites,Like Dr Maiya Gunasekera,Jagath Fernado,Dr Upali Samarage,R. C. A. Ponnaswamy,Harin Malwatte,Nirmal Hetiarachi,,Javed Yusuf, F. Sourjah,F. R. Amerasinghe that comes to my mind,at CH& FC he played with another friend from C Block Ravi Emanuel,Bryan Baptist,Harendra Gunasekera,Darrel Wimalaratne,Rodney Patternott,Lorenz Perera and the like and was a fine team man,At the flats he used to play Cricket,Rugby & even soccer with the boys,he was fiery fast bowler.
He was the CEO of prestigious companies in Sri Lanka Investor Services Asia (Pvt )Ltd.He was the local representative for a fortune five company, Vinsy Construction Grand Projects,a N. G. O. from Spain and he provided facilities to the lesser affluent people, he also looked into develop travel inbound from France, he has brought in many business magnates from round the globe and made them invest their valuable capital in our mother land,which rarely one thinks of.
Tim was a top Class Royalist I met from our flats with a great sense of Humor.
MAY THE TURF LIE LOW ON YOU TIM & R I P - Baratha Mendis
Following Tributes were sent in by Flatters and Friends.
- Please pass on my sympathies to Tima's family. Kind regards Saadia
- Please do convey my deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences to his wife and family. Sriantha R
- Please convey my deepest sympathies to the Family members of Timothy Lazarus. Raju Bahaudeen
- Please pass on my deepest sympathies to his family. We shared a flat in Sydney for a while and we also worked together .We had a lot of wonderful times and he had a great sense of humour. I feel sad to write anymore . But I am sure he will rest in peace and God bless. Iqbal Fuad
- Please pass on my sympathy to Vijaya and Visithra – they were a close family - the sisters must be devastated. My thoughts and prayers are with them. Yolande Elias
- Please pass on Our Sincere Condolences to his sisters Vijaya and Vichitra and any of his other siblings. Yes he was a Great example of a Learned Flatter who we can be proud of. I am only sorry that I did not get to meet him again to Thank Him once again for his kind gesture in looking after us on that visit to SL in 2012. May His Soul Rest In Peace. Everard Hoffman
- We are all deeply shocked at the sad news, I have passed on information to Laraine & Michael, will also inform Fiona & Tamara. Noel Muller
- Sorry to hear about Tima's demise, Please add my name on the condolence list. Kevin Clogstoun
- Very sad news about Tima Lazarus. I had met him several times when he was in Melbourne. Marlene Kodi
- Sad to hear of Timo's passing away - I did not know him that well so there was not much I could say except my sadness as another ''Flatter'' makes his way back to God. Keith Haines
- 63 is young to but when the Lord calls there is no choice as the timing is in his hands.Timo had a good life and that is what is left to Celebrate. He is now at Peace with his Maker. Trevor Jayetileke
- Please convey our Deepest Sympathies to Tima,s family. I knew Tima while growing up at Bamba flats and at Royal. Played rugby at the flats with tima. Rukmal A
- Please convey Our heartfelt condolences to his lovely family on Timothy's bereavement. May his soul rest in peace. Shaan
- Please pass our condolences silva family from D/2 to Timothy Lazarus family may he rest in peace God bless Kumar. Sando.
- Our sincere condolence to Vijaya, Visi and the rest of the family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time Selvadurai Family Kumar Selvadurai
- . Please convey my deepest sympathies to his family. Mervyn Mendis
- Kumar, I was deeply saddened to hear of Tima's passing. He was one of my closest friends, along with Nihal, Charlie, Sunil, Chuti, Lal, Lee, Tilak, Rajan, and others from the lower Flats, when we were teenagers. I lived on Frankfort Place but ran over every day after school to play rugger or cricket or run races around the block. Holidays we often went swimming at Kinross (with Mrs. Lazarus praying mightily because Tima was not allowed in the water). Who can forget the "jambu raids" down Dickmans Road as we foraged for fruits? Later, Tima and I even played against each other in a Royal-Thomian rugger match, during which we competed fiercely. I will not forget his grinning face as we met after the game. We lost touch over the years as he went to France and I came to the US. Happily, though, I bumped into him in Colombo Fort some years ago and we had a nice chat, recalling the good times and sharing news of our adult lives. As he talked about fatherhood and his business ventures, I felt very proud of my friend's successes. His passing leaves a void in our lives."Jimmy" Ismail
- Our deepest sympathies to the family. May he rest in peace. fazli & family
- "Please convey my condolences to the Lazarus family in their time of grief. May Tim R.I.P." Sherin Davoodbhoy/Block C, Flat 1.